Pallets are a packaging material often used to store and transport goods from a warehouse to distributor. It is an important part of the materials handling industry used in most aspects of the supply chain. Pallets in Denver can be made from wood, plastic or metal; each comes with their own advantages and disadvantages. Here’s a comparison of plastic pallets over wood pallets.
- No interruption in delivery due to timber pallet regulations.
- More than 10 years life span.
- Resistant to chemicals such as acids and alkalis.
- Forklifts have a four way entry to pick the pallet up.
- Usable in all climate conditions
- Approximately 30% lighter than wood pallets. reducing the cost of shipping;
- Safe to handle; no screws nails, splinters and chipping.
- It tends to be the least expensive. This is ideal for those purchasing on a budget.
- Easy to repair, as they are made with various boards which can be removed and replaced if broken or as necessary.
- Can be resold.
- Quick and easy to construct.
- Can be recycled into mulch and paper.
- Wood is strong and robust. It also offers a greater level of security because they boast a high level of friction.
- Materials for the pallet can be collected from recycled materials.
By assessing the characters of both plastic and wood pallets, you must’ve decided which one to buy. But if you’re still in a dilemma, it is recommended to consult with a Denver pallets specialist.